Well done team PCDT!
We have been collating the numbers for our Covid resilience work to feedback to D & G Council. The following help was offered to vulnerable and shielding members of our community over the last 26 weeks up until 15th October.
- provision of food parcels,
- emergency payment for utilities,
- provision of hot and frozen meals,
- a listening ear,
- delivery of essential medication
- transport to Doctor and Ophthalmic appointments
- Shopping for those who are in complete isolation
- Sign-posting and advocacy services
- Financial Support (Elec and Phone bills)
The numbers for specific services are:
- Regular Hot meal Service – for 37 people – 567 Hot Meals
- Shopping Service – for 25 People – 96 Shopping trips – 16 Individual Families
- Regular Food Parcels Delivered for 23 People – 88 Food Parcels – 13 Individual Families
- Doctors Visits for – 2 people – 10 trips
- Medicine pick-ups – 14 People – 92 medicine pickups
- Advocacy Support – 10 people – 12 Successful interventions
This adds up to 111 individual support services, but there is some duplication/ overlap. We have helped 67 unique individuals. Thanks to all our volunteers but a very special thank you to Heather who has been doing 2-3 and sometimes 4 or more visits to Stranraer per week and has handled all of the advocacy support work. She has achieved some great successes getting additional medical and mental health support and accessing universal credit payments and getting housing benefits cuts reversed and negotiating utility build payments etc. not to mention some appliance repairs, lightbulbs changes and getting a new carpet fitted!