Members and Volunteers
In involving our volunteers, we will be guided by the following principles of good practice and expected behaviour:
PCDT Board members will:
- Strive to fulfil their role with integrity at all times
- Show empathy and respect for Members, Associates and other board members
- Value the work of PCDT and encourage others to value each other and challenge those who do not.
- Communicate with members and listen to their ideas, and concerns.
- Work to ensure that the projects and activities of the Trust are in accordance with our aims and values
- Ensure that any work or activities to be performed by volunteers will be clearly defined, so that all concerned are sure of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Work in accordance with the PCDT Articles of Association and follow the rules laid out therein.
Members and volunteers are expected to:
- Respect other volunteers, service users and staff
- Respect the human rights of others
- Respect confidentiality, and privacy of others
- Respect the opinions of others even where these differ from our own
- Carry out all activities with due regard to the health and safety of others
- Carry out activities in a way which corresponds to the aims and values of PCDT
- Work within agreed guidelines and where appropriate follow PCDT policies and procedures